Seven Wichita newsrooms and three community partners have formed a coalition aimed at improving access to timely, accurate and quality news and information, with an initial focus on stories about how people and organizations are responding to the challenges caused by COVID-19.
Immediate goals of Wichita Journalism Collaborative:
- Help partner newsrooms coordinate COVID-19 coverage
- Maximize existing resources through collaboration and co-reporting
- Find and tell important stories — with an emphasis on solutions
- Combat misinformation & promote media literacy
- Fight for open government & transparency
- Further the reach of important coverage, including to people who do not speak English as a first language